Tuesday, July 9, 2013

City Lights: Backyard Baby Shower

At the beginning of June my Mom, sister, and childhood best friend threw me a beautiful baby shower at home just days after my brother's wedding.

Months ago, we debated about a shower so close to the wedding but in the end decided that it would be special to have the shower while my aunts and other extended family were able to be in town for the wedding.

Having them there was so special, and my Aunt Lanie took all these photos (thanks, Auntie!)

Husband has been joking lately that all the big events in my life have been blessed with exceptionally beautiful weather (my wedding day and backyard reception, this garden baby shower, and then my rooftop baby shower in Chicago).

On such an off summer weather-wise, a beautiful day is especially appreciated and this morning was just that.?

? It reminded me so much of my wedding day held under that very pergola almost seven years ago, and I just love that the two are now connected in my mind's eye.

The brunch my mom and sister made for the shower is one of the best meals I've ever had.?

I mean, you guys, those two are the two best cooks I know and they went above and beyond!

(Of course they did, that's who they are.)

The faces you see in the pictures are the faces that raised me and watched me grow through every stage of life before I moved to Chicago.

I'm so grateful all these women gave up their Tuesday morning to come support me and celebrate with me yet another life transition, even though I've been grown up and living away in the city for so many years now.

One of the sweetest moments was my mom bursting into tears when she saw me come in all dressed up for the shower.

Thank you Tiff, Mom, and Alissa for giving me and the little mister such a special morning!

Source: http://ctylights.blogspot.com/2013/07/backyard-baby-shower.html

texas chainsaw massacre nfl playoffs crystal harris Texas A Texas A&m cotton bowl Fiscal cliff deal

No comments:

Post a Comment